torsdag den 9. juni 2016

Champagnemusik

3 klip fra John Cages kærlighedsbreve til Merce Cunningham (citeret i denne blogpost):
Rain finally came + it’s beautifully cool. Wonder how long it will last. It was marvelous because it started suddenly and then was alternately terrific and gentle.
I think of you all the time and therefor have little to say that would not embarrass you, for instance my first feeling about the rain was that it was like you.
[…]
Love you.
(...)
Please be lonesome enough to come back in not too distant time.
[…]
I love you and often think of fancy reasons why: spirit is very close to me and mine, I sent it, close to you.
[…]
My whole desire is to run up and down the sea coast looking for you.
Love

cage_kiss

(...)
today is beautiful and i am dreaming of you and enigma and how we are together today: your words in my ears making [me] limp and taut by turns with delight. oh, i am sure we could use each other today.
i like to believe that you are writing my music now: god knows i’m not doing it, because it simply seems to happen. the pretissimo is incredible the way you are and is perhaps a description and song about you.
[…]
pardon the intrusion: but when in september will you be back? i would like to measure my breath in relation to the air between us."

John Cage and Merce Cunningham at Black Mountain College, 1948 (Photograph courtesy of the John Cage Trust)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar