lørdag den 27. februar 2016

2 fodnote-frempudsede evergreens

De 2 sange, citeret i Dan Turèlls dåsedigt nedenfor, som jeg ikke kendte i forvejen:

THE DRUNKARD SONG

There is a tavern in the town, in the town
And there my true love sits him down, sits him down,
And drinks his wine as merry as can be,
And never, never thinks of me.

Chorus: Fare thee well, for I must leave thee,
Do not let this parting grieve thee,
And remember that the best of friends
Must part, must part.

Adieu, adieu kind friends, adieu, yes, adieu,
I can no longer stay with you, stay with you,
I'll hang my harp on the weeping willow tree,
And may the world go well with thee.

He left me for a damsel dark, damsel dark,
Each Friday night they used to spark, used to spark,
And now my love who once was true to me
Takes this dark damsel on his knee.

And now I see him nevermore, nevermore;
He never knocks upon my door, on my door;
Oh, woe is me; he pinned a little note,
And these were all the words he wrote:

Oh, dig my grave both wide and deep, wide and deep;
Put tombstones at my head and feet, head and feet
And on my breast you may carve a turtle dove,
To signify I died of love.

There Is a Tavern in the Town" is a traditional folk song first appearing in the 1883 edition of William H. Hill's Student Songs.[1][2] The song was the college anthem of Trinity University College, and provides the melody for the children's tune "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes".
It was famously performed by Rudy Vallée as "The Drunkard Song." While recording the last verses of the song, Vallée started to laugh uncontrollably given the corny lyrics. He and his band recorded the song again without laughing, but Victor released both takes in 1934. He also performs the song in the film Sweet Music.



I GOT SHOES

sunget og skrevet af Johnny Cash

I got shoes, you got shoes, all God's children got shoes
When I get to Heaven gonna put on my shoes
I'm gonna walk all over God's Heaven Heaven
Everybody talkin' 'bout Heaven
Ain't goin' there Heaven Heaven
Gonna walk all over God's Heaven
I got a robe, you got a robe all God's children got a robe
When I get to Heaven gonna put on my robe
I'm gonna shout all over God's Heaven Heaven
Everybody talkin' 'bout Heaven
Ain't goin' there Heaven Heaven
Gonna shout all over God's Heaven
I got a harp, you got a harp, all of God's children got a harp
Oh Glory when I get to Heaven gonna play on my harp
I'm gonna play all over God's Heaven Heaven
Everybody talkin' 'bout Heaven
Ain't goin' there Heaven Heaven
Gonna play all over God's Heaven
I got wings, you get wings, all got children got wings
When I get to Heaven gonna put on my wings I'm gonna fly, fly
Everybody talkin' 'bout Heaven
Ain't going there Heaven, Heaven
Going to fly all over, going to shout all over
Going play all over, gonna walk all over God's Heaven

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar