torsdag den 13. november 2014

Til Flemming og Michael på 80'er-fællesskyen

Kom bare til at tænke på kumpanerne, begge afdøde hårdt nok, Michael Strunge, ærke-Bowie-fan, og F. P. Jac, ærke-Kinks/Ray Davies-fan, på én gang, da jeg læste det her:

The Kinks have announced a series of archival releases in honor of the 50th anniversary of their first singles. David Bowie will write the liner notes for the two-disc retrospective The Essential Kinks, out via Legacy on October 14.
"I've never heard a Kinks song that I didn't like," Bowie wrote in the liner notes. "Of course, from their noisy and brash beginnings, the Kinks have come to stand for some of the most enduring and heart-clutching pop of all time. They are in the gut of every British song-writer who followed them and are indisputably a cornerstone of everything pop and rock. I love ‘em. The world loves ‘em." Check out the tracklist for the compilation here.

- og så faldt jeg på Spotify over et smukt, overstadigt cover af Kinks' "Waterloo Sunset" som non-album-track på Reality (Bowies første Kinks-cover er selvfølgelig "Where have Alle The Good Times Gone" på Pin Ups) - her teksten til det klassiske nummer, som Strunge og Jac garantrisset nynner på deres sky lige nu:

Dirty old river, must you keep rolling, rolling into the night
People so busy, make me feel dizzy, taxi light shines so bright
But I don't, need no friends
As long as I gaze on Waterloo Sunset, I am in paradise
Every day I look at the world from my window
But chilly, chilly is the evening time, Waterloo sunset's fine.

Terry meets Julie, Waterloo Station, every Friday night
But I am so lazy, don't want to wander, I stay at home at night
But I don't, feel afraid
As long as I gaze on Waterloo Sunset, I am in paradise
Every day I look at the world from my window
But chilly, chilly is the evening time, Waterloo sunset's fine.

Millions of people swarming like flies 'round Waterloo underground
But Terry and Julie cross over the river where they feel safe and sound
And they don't, need no friends
As long as they gaze on Waterloo Sunset, they are in paradise
Waterloo sunset's fine.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar