søndag den 2. september 2018

Jarvis' metaforkataloger

- apropos metaforist-hitlisterne nedenfor: Jarvis Coker, mester-metaforist ud i sangskriverkunst og specialiteten: Sammenligningslistesangen:

TO MØRKE LISTER

- fra bonus track'et (This Is Hardcore) "Like A Friend!

You are that last drink I never should have drunk
You are the body hidden in the trunk
You are the habit I can't seem to kick
You are my secrets on the front page every week

You are the car I never should have bought
You are the train I never should have caught
You are the cut that makes me hide my face
You are the party that makes me feel my age

[Refrain]
Like a car crash I can see but I just can't avoid
Like a plane I've been told I never should board
Like a film that's so bad but I gotta stay till the end
Let me tell you now, it's lucky for you that we're friends

- fra Weeds-nummeret "Bad Cover Version"

Ah, sing your song
About all the sad imitations that got it so wrong

It's like a later Tom and Jerry
When the two of them could talk
Like the Stones since the eighties
Like the last days of Southfork
Like Planet of the Apes on TV
The second side of 'Til the Band Comes In
Like an own-brand box of cornflakes
He's going to let you down my friend

LYS LISTE

- fra nummeret "Everything I Cannot See" på Charlotte Gainsbourgs plade 5:55 (OG JEG FIK BILLETTER TIL CG-KONCERT I FØDSELSDAGSGAVE FRA MIN ELSKEDE, TAK! OG HVAD JARVIS SKREVET HAR OG CHARLOTTE SYNGER, DU!)

You're my life, you're my hope
You're the chain, you're the rope
You're my god, you're my hell
You're the sky, you're myself
You're the reason i'm living
You're all that i have to discover

You're the rain, you're the stars
You're so near, you're so far
You're my friend, you're my foe
You're the miles left to go
You are everything i ever wanted
And you are my lover

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar