lørdag den 23. marts 2019

Iggy om at være objekt for kritik (og vigtige bøger)

(fra interview i New York Times):

Are there books or critics about either your music or punk music that you think are especially valuable?

Lester Bangs and Nick Kent are two people I can think of, off the top of my head. Both of them, in sort of a flailing, wild, highly subjective way. But why not! At least the two of them were treating what they write about like it’s actually important.
I read the stuff Lester Bangs wrote about me and thought: “Oh no, I’m a buffoon! But wait: I am a salient blowtorch of nihilism. Cool! Wait, am I cool or not? I’m not sure!” I have one of his books in hardback. I’ve had it for a long, long time. It’s sitting on the shelf along with “The Andy Warhol Diaries,” the collected works of Allen Ginsberg and a few other books. I look at their spines and think: “O.K., this is what’s important!”

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar